Structure: The Finance and Accounts Department is divided into the following two Divisions:
- Accounts Division; and
- Budget Division.
- Ensuring compliance with Financial Regulations and the Accounting Code by all staff;
- Ensuring adequate supervision of the disbursement of funds and proper monitoring and accounting for revenue;
- Husbanding the financial resources of the Office;
- Ensuring that all internal controls are in place in the Management of the finances of the Office;
- Advising the Accounting Officer on all financial matters, the Financial Regulations and other Treasury and Finance Circulars;
- Maintaining proper accounting records such as books of accounts, Main and Subsidiary Ledgers;
- Ensuring prompt rendition of all statutory returns e.g. consolidated Accounts (Monthly Transcript), Bank Reconciliation Statements, Revenue and Expenditure Returns as prescribed in the Financial Regulations;
- Liaising with the Accountant-General from time to time when in doubt in the interpretation of the provisions of the Financial Regulations and the other Treasury Circulars;
- Compiling and defending the budget proposals of the Office; and
- Ensuring the existence of an effective Audit Query unit/section to promptly deal with all queries from internal audit Unit, Inspectorate Department, and Office of the Accountant-General.