Structure: FCT and Area Councils Department consists of four (4) Divisions as follows:
- FCT Division;
- AMAC/Bwari Division;
- Abaji/Kwali Division; and
- Kuje/Gwagwalada Division.
The functions of this Department will include:
- Audit of the books of accounts of the FCTA;
- Examination of the statement of Accounts prepared by the Treasury of the FCTA and giving an opinion thereof;
- Examination of the revenue books maintained by the FCTA;
- Conducting periodic checks of all the FCTA Agencies, Commissions and Authorities;
- Monitoring the budget implementation by the FCTA. Note that the FCTA’s budget is independently prepared and passed by the National Assembly separate from the Budget prepared by the Budget Office of the Federation;
- Audit the books of accounts of the six (6) Area Councils of the FCTA;
- Examine the various statements of accounts prepared by the 6 Area Councils and give an opinion on each of the 6 statements of accounts; and
- Examine the revenue profile of the 6 Area Councils.